Saturday, August 1, 2026

From Budol to Best Buy: 5 Things Every Senior High School Student Should Actually Spend Money On

by Xzandra T. Villafuerte

   

As a senior high school student, I've learned one important lesson: not everything that's trending is worth buying. Every allowance day feels like a battle. Should I save it? Buy coffee? Add another item to my cart because it's "on sale"? Before I know it, my money is gone, and I'm left wondering where it all went. After months of juggling school requirements, late-night study sessions, and countless group projects, I realized that the best purchases aren't always the flashiest, they're the ones that make everyday student life easier.

    These are the five things I never regret spending my money on. They've helped me become more organized, productive, and prepared for whatever school throws at me. If you're looking for investments that are actually worth it, this list is for you.

1. Canva Pro – The Secret Behind My School Projects

    Let's be honest, almost every school activity requires some kind of presentation, infographic, poster, or publication material. And if you're the "creative one" in your friend group, you're probably always assigned to design everything. That's why Canva Pro has become one of my favorite investments. It gives me access to thousands of premium templates, graphics, fonts, and editing tools that make every project look polished and professional. Instead of spending hours searching for free design elements, I can focus on making my content better. It also saves me during last-minute deadlines because I can create quality presentations in a fraction of the time.


2. Deli G122 BK Pen – My Everyday School Essential 

    You don't realize how important a good pen is until you're halfway through a quiz and your pen suddenly decides to stop working. After trying different brands, I found myself constantly reaching for the Deli G122 BK Pen. It writes smoothly, feels comfortable to hold, and doesn't easily skip or smudge. Since I spend hours taking notes, writing reviewers, and answering quizzes, having a reliable pen makes a surprising difference. Sometimes it's the smallest school supplies that improve your everyday routine the most.

3. iPad Air M3 – My Study Buddy 

    The iPad Air M3 is definitely the biggest investment on this list, but it's also one of the best decisions I've made for school. Instead of carrying multiple notebooks, printed reviewers, and loose papers, I now keep almost everything in one device. I can write digital notes, annotate PDFs, organize my subjects into folders, watch educational videos, and attend online classes whenever needed. Studying also became much more convenient because I can easily search my notes instead of flipping through countless notebook pages. Although it's expensive, I see it as a long-term investment that I'll continue using even in college. 

4. BAGSMART Tote Bag – Because Organization Matters

    Before getting my BAGSMART Tote Bag, my old school bag felt like a black hole. My pen, charger, keys, and even my ID somehow disappeared inside it every single day. Now, everything has its own compartment. The tote bag has enough space for my iPad, notebooks, charger, wallet, and other daily essentials while still looking clean and stylish. It's lightweight, practical, and durable enough for everyday use. 

5. Victory Yellow Pad – The School Supply You'll Always Need 

    No matter how digital our classrooms become, one thing never changes: teachers will always ask for yellow pad paper. Whether it's for quizzes, seat works, assignments, or surprise activities, having a Victory Yellow Pad in my bag has saved me countless times. Instead of borrowing paper from classmates, I'm always prepared whenever a teacher says, "Take out one whole sheet." It's one of the cheapest items on this list, but also one of the most useful.

Conclusion 

    Senior high school isn't just about getting good grades, it's also about learning how to make smart decisions, including how you spend your money. I've realized that buying things that improve my productivity and organization is far more rewarding than spending on items I'll only use once. Whether it's creating better presentations with Canva Pro, taking smoother notes with my favorite pen, studying on my iPad Air M3, staying organized with my BAGSMART Tote Bag, or keeping a Victory Yellow Pad ready for every class, each of these purchases has made my student life easier. 

    At the end of the day, the best investments aren't always the most expensive—they're the ones that help you learn better, stay organized, and make every school day just a little less stressful. So before you check out your next online order, ask yourself one simple question: Will this help me become a better student? If the answer is yes, then it might just be worth every peso. 


No comments:

Post a Comment